Samsung released the October 2021 security patch for the Galaxy S21 series. The new update (hardware-software version G991BXXU3AUIE) is currently available in Germany and the Philippines, according to the SamMobile page. Likely the new firmware will come to other markets in a few days to weeks.
To check if the update is available for your device, go to Settings > Update Software and tap Download and Install.
Previous updates of the Samsung Galaxy S21 series
- September 6, 2021: Samsung released the September 2021 security patch for the Galaxy S21 series (G99xU1UES4AUH9 hardware-software version).
- August 25, 2021: During the last hot days of August, the new One UI 3.1.1 for the Galaxy S21 series appeared. If you remember, One UI 3.1.1 was released with Samsung’s new folding phones: the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3. It has a large package of new features and improvements.
- August 10, 2021: The firmware version G99XU1UEU4AUGE is released. There is no information on what this update may include.
- July 13, 2021: The firmware version G99xBXXU3AUG4 brought fixes of Android Auto to the S21 series.
- June 22, 2021 : Users of the Samsung Galaxy S21 series in the US acquired the G99xUSQU4AUF5 hardware-software version. The update brought enhanced Portrait mode effects, encountered overheating issues, and corrected another issue that affected magnification mode. The June 2021 security patch was also included.
- June 17, 2021 : Samsung released a new update, the G99xxXXXU3AUF6 hardware-software in South Korea, Germany and Thailand. The update brought fixes to the camera’s latency problems, restored overheating problems, and added improved portrait mode effects.
- May 28, 2021: Samsung has begun releasing June security patches for the Galaxy S21 series.
- April 27, 2021: Samsung released the G99xBXXXU3AUDA hardware-software version on the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra with a download size of 1.2 GB. It brought the May 2021 security patch to phones and contained improvements to both the camera and Quick Share mode.